Boater Boater is offline

Default H Krause please comment

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

When I was "of age" for the military, there was nothing happening that
required the homeland to be defended. There was that mess in Vietnam, but
that was a war we perpetuated by taking over from the French, who got
their butts kicked there and left.

Had nothing to do with the USSR, huh?

Eisboch

The Soviet Union was a minor player in the Vietnam War. It supplied a
significant amount of armament and materiel to the North Vietnamese, but
it had a small number of troops in that country. The PRC was a major
player, of course.

Our insistence on propping up right-wing dictators didn't serve us well
in Cuba, Vietnam, Iran, Panama, Nicaragua or Iraq. The only major
fighting war we've had in a long, long time that made sense was George
H.W. Bush's Gulf War, and only because he had most of the world behind
us. And even that war had unintended bad consequences for us.