HPEER HPEER is offline

Default Deals on bluewater boats yet?

Molesworth wrote:
In article ,
ray lunder wrote:

Looking for a used cruise equiped 30-40 foot sailboat for approx a us
buck per foot. Any ideas? Techniques? I've tried 38/48 north and
craigslist so far. Most of these are worn out craft from the 60/70's
in need of major refit or were never cruise equiped in the first
place. To cruise equip a boat at present "boatyard" or "west marine"
cost is prohibitive. I'm in washington state, usa but don't mind
flying somewhere. You'd think with all these bank problems people
would be forced to sell luxury items. Are we going to see a 70's style
bargain hunter season any time soon? Please don't let this degrade
into a political thread, I just want to buy a boat. What's a person
with ready cash to do?

My wife has just told me she doesn't want to liveaboard and cruise the
Carib... so my 40' is for sale.. $35K, surveyed at $58K in '05. Pics on
the web page under my nick..

Late Sunday afternoon at the Annapolis Sailboat show I sauntered up to a
nice lady at at well know catamaran dealer. Smugly I said "How's
business? Quite grim I presume."

"No, not at all, much interest and have sold a few. Seems people want
to get something tangible for their money before it goes away."

So there you have it, people would rather invest in "hole in the water
you pour money into" as safer than a bank.

Grim outlook.

I think in a while things will change, but for now, no.