[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default Newspaper Endorsements

On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 18:11:17 -0400, Boater

On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 10:27:18 -0400, Boater

On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 09:20:42 -0400, Boater
wrote:

BARACK OBAMA

134 daily newspapers total
More than 15 million daily circulation total

CONNECTICUT (1)
New Haven Register (B): 72,613

Correction. The Hartford Courant, largest daily in Connecticut, and
the oldest (Founded by Daniel Webster) Daily Nerwspaper in the U.S.
has endorsed Obama. This is only the SECOND Democrat endorsed for
president by the Courant in 244 years.

What correction? More like an addition.

You might also want to consider that The NHR is owned by a decidedly
right wing company, and even they have endorsed Obama.

Yes, I noted that. I was born in and grew up in New Haven and am
well-aware of the Register's right-wing slant. I came of age politically
during the administration of Richard C. Lee and the influence of Mike
Svirdorf.

Um... The Register changed hands since you were growing up. It is
owned by the Journal Register Company, an unbelievably evil company
that is now trading at about 1 cent. If you would like to own the NHR,
your purchase might be it's only chance to survive. Currently there is
probably at least a 50/50 chance it will be shuttered.