Boater Boater is offline

Default H Krause please comment

BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
Canuck57 wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
D.Duck wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

The concept of individual citizens armed with small arms
holding off a huge invading army is an NRA wet dream.
Americans aren't as tough as Afghanis.

Based on what? Your left wing, elitist opinion that you
present as a "fact"?

History proves you wrong.

Eisboch
Based upon the fact that this isn't the 18th or 19th century,
and that any huge invading army is going to be equipped and
organized as a huge invading army. It's going to be up to our
military to protect the homeland.

Hell, as far as I can tell, there are only a couple of
"regulars" in this newsgroup who regularly practice with
firearms.
Maybe a lot of us don't brag about it.
And maybe you are full of schitt.

Doubtful. Many have been in the armed forces, it might surprise
you how many can just pick on up, load it and shot straight.
Last I checked basic training thought everyone even the cook.

I doubt that many of those who haven't fired a firearm in years
can just pick one up, load it and shoot straight, unless the
firearm is a shotgun. I further doubt that many of those who fired
a firearm years ago even own a *serviceable* firearm.

Ask anyone who went through Army or Marine boot camp if they could
still field strip the weapon they were trained to field strip and
shoot 30, 40 or 50 years ago. Ask them if they could still load and
fire said weapon. And, ask them if they could still hit targets at
the 200 and 300 yard lines with said weapon.

Sight alignment, sight picture...

Drone on, drone. If you haven't practiced with firearms in many
years, it is unlikely you'll be able to shoot well. Shooting well is
not the same as loading and firing a weapon. Guys who haven't shot
an issue rifle since Vietnam aren't going to be able to hit small
targets at 200-300 yards, if they could even do it when they were
young and in practice.

Sure they are. I'd put up an former USMC expert marksman against you
with at 300 yards any day of the week.

Your previous statement "Ask anyone who went through boot camp...still
hit targets at 200 and 300 yard lines..."

"Anyone" is not an expert marksman, present or former.

All I did is revise and extend my remarks. Why do you have a problem
with that?

Further, I don't shoot at 200 or 300 yards. I shoot pistols and can
offhand a full magazine from my 9 mm SIG into a very very small circle
at 25 yards, the "standard" pistol distance. I shoot pretty good
groups with a rifle at 100 yards, but I don't shoot any further than
that. Remember, I shoot targets, not people or animals.

Try to be a bit consistent, eh?

What is a "very very small circle?"

A baker target might look like a "people" from the chest up but it is
just a target.

Why are you wasting your time shooting a rifle at 100 yards? If you are
shooting a an air rifle you would be shooting a much shorter distances
and if you are shooting anything larger than a .22 you should be
shooting at least 200 yards and if you are hunting in open areas you
should be practicing for 300 yards.

A small circle on a well-known target:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...us/40-0004.jpg

25 yards offhand with a .40 S&W, a pistol I don't often shoot.
Good enough to pump a magazine into a perp's chest if I were so
inclined. At 25 yards. That's 75 feet for you.

I shoot rifles at 100 yards because that is the standard range distance.

I don't hunt. A distance of 100 yards is a good test of rifle and shooter.

Remember, I shoot offhand. You know what that means, right?