BAR[_3_] BAR[_3_] is offline

Default H Krause please comment

Boater wrote:
BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
Canuck57 wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
D.Duck wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

The concept of individual citizens armed with small arms
holding off a huge invading army is an NRA wet dream. Americans
aren't as tough as Afghanis.

Based on what? Your left wing, elitist opinion that you present
as a "fact"?

History proves you wrong.

Eisboch
Based upon the fact that this isn't the 18th or 19th century, and
that any huge invading army is going to be equipped and organized
as a huge invading army. It's going to be up to our military to
protect the homeland.

Hell, as far as I can tell, there are only a couple of "regulars"
in this newsgroup who regularly practice with firearms.
Maybe a lot of us don't brag about it.
And maybe you are full of schitt.

Doubtful. Many have been in the armed forces, it might surprise you
how many can just pick on up, load it and shot straight. Last I
checked basic training thought everyone even the cook.

I doubt that many of those who haven't fired a firearm in years can
just pick one up, load it and shoot straight, unless the firearm is a
shotgun. I further doubt that many of those who fired a firearm years
ago even own a *serviceable* firearm.

Ask anyone who went through Army or Marine boot camp if they could
still field strip the weapon they were trained to field strip and
shoot 30, 40 or 50 years ago. Ask them if they could still load and
fire said weapon. And, ask them if they could still hit targets at the
200 and 300 yard lines with said weapon.

Sight alignment, sight picture...

Drone on, drone. If you haven't practiced with firearms in many years,
it is unlikely you'll be able to shoot well. Shooting well is not the
same as loading and firing a weapon. Guys who haven't shot an issue
rifle since Vietnam aren't going to be able to hit small targets at
200-300 yards, if they could even do it when they were young and in
practice.

Sure they are. I'd put up an former USMC expert marksman against you
with at 300 yards any day of the week.