bb

Default US occupation of Iraq unsustainable over long run, Congress warns

On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 18:47:44 GMT, "Jim"
wrote:

Of course it is conditional. Why should we have the UN lead the effort? Based on the
way they handled things before the war we would be crazy to have them in charge with
this initiative.

It was the UN who mishandled things before the war? Some would
disagree:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A "brutally honest" report prepared for the
U.S. military Joint Chiefs of Staff blames post-war unrest in Iraq on
hurried, inadequate planning before the invasion, defense officials
said on Wednesday.