Canuck57[_3_] Canuck57[_3_] is offline

Default H Krause please comment

"Boater" wrote in message
Canuck57 wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
D.Duck wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

The concept of individual citizens armed with small arms holding off
a huge invading army is an NRA wet dream. Americans aren't as tough
as Afghanis.

Based on what? Your left wing, elitist opinion that you present as a
"fact"?

History proves you wrong.

Eisboch
Based upon the fact that this isn't the 18th or 19th century, and that
any huge invading army is going to be equipped and organized as a huge
invading army. It's going to be up to our military to protect the
homeland.

Hell, as far as I can tell, there are only a couple of "regulars" in
this newsgroup who regularly practice with firearms.
Maybe a lot of us don't brag about it.
And maybe you are full of schitt.

Doubtful. Many have been in the armed forces, it might surprise you how
many can just pick on up, load it and shot straight. Last I checked
basic training thought everyone even the cook.

I doubt that many of those who haven't fired a firearm in years can just
pick one up, load it and shoot straight, unless the firearm is a shotgun.
I further doubt that many of those who fired a firearm years ago even own
a *serviceable* firearm.

Like I said, I don't currently own one, haven't for many years.

But would bet if you put a standard hunting rifle in front of me I would
find the safety before the perp could blink. 60 seconds tops to load and
prep.

Now if what you meant was to hit someone at 250 yards....well I would be
cooked as the eyes and skills are not that good any more. But unless the
perp is a sniper, I wouldn't have to defend myself if they were 250 yards
away. Pretty hard to miss a perp in your own home at perhaps 4 yards.

But good point, "... hey officer, sorry, I was aiming for the legs and got
right in the middle of the forehead instead." LOL. I would have no
hesitation in protecting my home and family from an intruder by any force I
could muster. If they die because of it, so sad too bad.