posted to alt.sailing.asa
Charles Momsen Charles Momsen is offline

Default Yachtmaster Ocean

"Bart" wrote in message
On Oct 25, 12:09 am, wrote:
On 24 Oct, 22:22, OzOne wrote:

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 13:00:47 -0700 (PDT), Bart

wrote:
In addition to all my other licenses and certifications,
I now hold the Yachtmaster Ocean. And I must say the
Brits are to be commended on putting together an
outstanding program. I was nothing but impressed
by all the many UK sailors I've met. The Solent is
The reason there are so many good sailors over
here.

I strongly recommend, to anyone who loves
sailing--make a point about sailing over for a week
or two. I sailed into nearly every harbor and like
them all. Newtown creek, and the Beaulieu river
were particularly beautiful.

Thereis lot of traffic. I have some cool photos I'll
post when I get a chance.

Regards

I have indeed sailed the Solent....when it was slightly less crowded,
and agree wholeheartedly with all points.
If only they could do something about the food and the weather :-)

That's why some of us are so keen on sailing to France.

The weather is a bit better. The food is undescribable.

Regards

Donal
--

Thank for the sail andvintroduction to the
Solent Donal. I want to do a channel crossing

Bart,

You're retired, have a good pension, no wife, no kids no real ties to
anywhere. Sometime is now. Go cross that channel, do all the things you ever
dreamed of. You are not getting any younger, let go of the baggage of the
past and go for it.

Best wishes,

Charles