Meindert Sprang

Default Resins, Fillers and glues

"William R. Watt" wrote in message
"Brian D" ) writes:
Cotton fibers or wood flour are better for your size of boats, Scotty
...can't remember the WEST designations for these (and you have to ask

them
what is in many of their fillers anyway...)

I've got good wood four by sifting sawdust through a fine sieve, in small
quantities. The seive I use is for straining tea. GA has noted here before
that ordinary flour sives are too coaurse for getting good wood flour from
sawdust.

I get my wood flour from the dust bag of my belt sander. Especially from
sanding mahogany, you get the finest wood flour you can imagine.

And to Brain D:
I use cotton fibre from West and it works very good. Basically, it is
cellulosis fibre, to it is technically the same material as wood. It's cheap
and you only need a very small amount to get a nice thick peanutbutter-like
mix.

Meindert