Haakon Dybdahl

Default From swing keel to fixed keel

Hi,

I have a 22' sailboat with a new keel. The boat originaly had a swing keel,
but a fixed keel is made and installed. The keel is fixed inside a well. I
have a hard time making a non leaking connection between the hull and the
keel. The keel is long and probably moving, making smal openings. How should
it be connected to the hull? The keel is sorrounded with fiberglass but the
connection to the hull is leaking. Should I made a smal gap between the hull
and the keel so the fiberglass might flex some more? Should I use something
like Sikaflex and made a layer outside the keel/hull connection? Any
suggestions? Thanks

Haakon