Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default Skippy Sycophants

On 2008-10-23 19:23:06 -0400, Justin C said:

It's not easy hanging around the docks here. The only option I have is a
local marina which is locked down so tight that from the 'public' side,
where we can look at the boats without needing a swipe-card for entry,
it's a half-mile walk around to the gate to give the guy a hand... and
that's if he heard you yell across to him in the first place!

Then it seems the racing crowd is the way to go at first. I expect that
crew have some way of getting in without a slip holder being there.
Marina security usually isn't as tight as it seems. It's strong enough
only to keep the casual criminal and riff-raff at bay.

Once you get your foot in the door, so to speak, and you're recognized
as enthusiastic and/or capable crew, other opportunities will present
themselves. BTW, that "recognized" is literal. If you're around a lot,
crewing, chatting and offering help, other dockmates will remember.

--
Jere Lull