posted to alt.sailing.asa
Edgar Edgar is offline

Default Sailing is DEAD

wrote in message
"Edgar" wrote:
Well, I suppose it is not a 'powerboat' as generally understood in this
ng,
but I do also have a motorboat as well as my sailboat.
She is 22' long and clinker built by my father in 1918 in English elm, a
wood which has an indefinite life in salt water.
I give her plenty of tlc because she will soon be 100 years old even if I
am
not around to see that anniversary.
Originally she had a U.S. made Atlantic twin cylinder engine which was
relatively large for its power (7/8 hp?)as it only ran at about 600 rpm.
During the ar she was commandeered by the Royal Navy and used for taking
sailors to and from their ships in harbour.
The family got her back after the war but sadly without the original
engine.
She is on her second engine since then and has much more power than
before
and can run easily at about 6 knots.
Norwegians love vintage cars and classic wooden boats and mine got onto
the
front page of the local paper when I brought her here.

I love vintage boats too, you tell us all that and then torment us by
not showing a photo!!

I will sort some out and come back to you shortly...