Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Robo-calls - PITA

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 10:26:40 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 07:09:09 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

Okay, I'll get off my ass and check it out.
Maybe get cheaper DSL too and just use Comcast for cable.

I dislike Comcast also but their internet connections are
substantially faster than most DSL lines. We did replace Comcast's TV
service with a Dish Networks satellite dish. It works well, lots of
channels, and also goes on the boat with minimal extra cost.

Skype looks pretty good for me.
Last time I priced dish TV here it didn't have much price advantage.
I'm going to look at it again.
If DSL pricing is attractive here, I'll put up with slower speed.
After all, I managed to survive with dial-up.
So maybe youtube won't be as fun.
Oh yeah. Comcast, I'm coming after you.
Here's what I'm paying here north of Chicago.
Previous Balance $ 151.50
Payment(s) $-151.50
Comcast Cable Television $ 54.99
Comcast High Speed Internet $ 45.95
Comcast Digital Voice $ 47.56
Taxes, Surcharges and Fees $ 4.12
Payment Due Date 10/24/08 $ 152.62

The *******s have moved about 6 channels to a higher cost package, and
though the base fee for the phone is $39 the fees goose it up.
Think there's a 5 buck bundle discount in there. Big whoop.

I'm not gonna take it anymore!!!

--Vic