Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default costs of tow vehicles

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 19:06:47 -0400, DK
wrote:

That can work against you. I rarely take my personal "company" car when
I visit a customer. I'll take one of my F150's with my company logo on
the side. You don't want them to think you don't need their business or
are better than them.

Yeah. I had an electrician come out to bid on 100 amp service for my
house and he pulled up in a Mercedes.
I said to him to when he walked up to me, "WTF? You coming to bid
driving a Mercedes?"
He explained it was a "classic" he got for a song from a acquaintance
but had to put a lot of money into getting it to look like it did.
He just loved the car.
The bid was good, and he was good doing the job.
Reminds me of something else.
A realtor took me and the wife to look at a house in his new Lincoln
Continental.
I'm a GM guy and don't pay any attention to Fords.
My dad had a real quiet LTD and that's what I thought it was when the
realtor says to me, "How do you like the car?" as we're driving along.
I said, "Nice. LTD?
This guys face practically fell down to his kness.
He told me what it was.
Never forget that.
I felt bad, so apologized, and said I didn't know didley about Fords,
then corrected myself... ah, I mean Lincolns.

--Vic