Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default Skippy Sycophants

On 2008-10-22 00:03:25 -0400, Larry said:

Justin C wrote in
:

Unfortunately the only crew places I find are racing, which, though
enjoyable, are not the type of sailing I really want to be doing. I
read this newsgroup to learn from those who have done it, are doing it,
or have other interesting facts to pass on.

Justin, you've been hanging out in the wrong places!

Excellent post. The only thing I could add would be to show up in
spring as owners are getting things ready: fixing, sanding, varnishing
and so forth. Even if you don't know anything, just having you around
giving them a reason to keep working instead of taking a break will let
them get far more done. They'll be amazed how much "you" did and of
course think of you when they need crew to take their
too-big-for-singlehanding boat out.

--
Jere Lull