posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Sailing is DEAD

I can certainly understand that, but I do enjoy sailing in the SF bay, even
when it's not for money. I suppose there are some destination up here that
are worth being at, Angel Island, Sams, the former tends toward zoo status
of lots of powerboaters on weekends (though certainly the majority are
sailboats), and the latter has too many "beautiful" people (who drove there)
sitting on the deck.

In Baja, I definitely enjoyed the destinations immensly.

"Andypants" wrote in message
On Oct 21, 3:37 pm, "jlrogers±³©" wrote:
"jlrogers±³©" wrote in message

... Former sailboat owners
tell why they switched to powerboats and how much
they enjoy them.
http://www.motorboating.com/articleH...?ID=1000065935
--
jlrogers±³©

Why is every one in such a hurry? I thought it was the journey, not the
destination?

I love being out there far from land with just the wind and your boat
and some dolphins, but I'm not much for sailing *just* for the sake of
sailing (say, around and around the bay). For me, when it comes to
anchorage-hopping, it's more about sitting in the harbor / cove at
anchor, sipping a cocktail, preparing your just-caught yellowtail.

I guess I'm saying that if the journey isn't at all adventurous or
exhilarating, then it has to be about the destination. And for many of
those sailors-turned-power-boaters, I'd suspect that adventure and
exhilaration is, for some reason, our of their vocabulary. And their
destination is just close enough to motor to.

Pants
s/v Chemistry
Lying San Carlos, Sonora, MX
tacotraveler.com