Brian Nystrom

Default Drywall screws to hold strip planking

Glenn Ashmore wrote:

Wayne.B wrote:

On Mon, 03 May 2004 22:28:47 -0400, Glenn Ashmore
wrote:

Depends on the size of the project. Staples are OK for a canoe or
dinghy but my strips were 1.125" thick. Staples would not have worked.

With stips that thick, at what point are you able to remove the
screws?

I pulled them as soon as the planking was finished so I would not grind
into the heads while doing the rough fairing.

I recall that there's a company producing plastic nails that can be
driven with a nail gun. The idea is that when it comes time to plane or
sand the surface, the nails remain in place and are shaped along with
the wood.