Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Leave - 3 weeks off!

Hey Tom... well, no need to rush out there... good to wait if necessary.

I never said that there wouldn't be bad days and that people don't die or
are injured. You don't often get that in an office environment. But, in
general, I'd rather be sailing and take my chances. Would you rather die of
a coronary sitting behind a desk, having just finished a donut or would you
rather die while sailing? I know which one you've obviously chosen, and I
can only hope to one day make the same choice.

I'm betting that despite your willingness to pay a large sum for a do-over,
you learned from the experiences.

wrote in message
On Oct 20, 10:18 am, "Capt. JG" wrote:
I should have added and survived. Why would you need a new rig after
sailing
in heavy weather? Unless you're talking about very dumb or very unlucky, I
stand by my original comment....

Please. While the great majority of days out sailing are very good
some suck. Just discounting days with fatalities doesn't get rid of
all the bummers. People can get broken, scared, sick or traumatized
and still survive. Serious property damage or damage to sea creatures
or structures can ruin a day. If you are careful and mostly daysail
bad days sailing will be few and far between, but it is just silly to
suggest they don't exist. I've survived a few that I'd have paid big
money not to experience.

PS.

Still here. Waiting for gale warning to go down at Conception and to
see if developing gale to the N is going to be an issue. Slim chance
we'll get out tomorrow but likely Wednesday. Plan is here to Santa
Barbara or there about...

--Tom.

--
"j" ganz @@