Roger Long Roger Long is offline

Default Delivery trip

"Wayne.B" wrote

When this project started, I wan't looking forward to having to go "way up
north" to cold Canada from Maine which is plenty far enough towards the
north pole. I quickly learned that I was actually going south, almost to
the latitude of Cape Cod. I didn't see snow once at the shipyard. The lake
effect stuff all piles up on the other side of the lake. It was beautifully
warm and pleasant on the sea trials. The warmth of the shallow lake water
could be clearly felt.

I never went to the yard when it wasn't noticably warmer and pleasanter than
home in Maine.

In any event, I'll be spending most of the lake portion of the trip inside.
Wind and spray at 18 knots doesn't entice one to spend much time on deck.
The lake Erie portion will be at night so as to be at the Welland canal
entrance in the morning and we may do the Lake Ontario segment at night as
well. After that, we'll be inland and heading south so I'm not going to
load up with too much heavy clothing.

I'm taking the SPOT but leaving it up to the university whether they want to
publicize the new page address as it is their boat. Check this page

http://www.umces.edu/vessel/

shortly to be updated to see if they include the link.

--
Roger Long