Boater Boater is offline

Default New Obama Lead

Eisboch wrote:
Democrat pundits today are gleefully talking about Obama's 5-6 point lead
over McCain.

Only problem is, two weeks ago they were boasting of Obama's double digit
lead.

Is there "change" in the air?

Eisboch

The average poll difference a couple of weeks ago was five to eight
points. Today, it is five to seven points, on the average. Perhaps the
McPalin negativity is having an impact on the weak-minded GOP base?

If you want a more realistic snapshot, take a look at the average of
polls in the "swing states." At the moment, all the swing states are
state the Republicans took in 2000 or 2004. McPalin is behind in most of
these state polls. I believe he has to carry all the GOP swing states to
win the election. Anything is possible, but the odds are strongly
against him. All Obama has to do to win the election is hang onto the
blue states and carry one of the larger red "swing" states. That will
give him 270 electoral votes. Game over.

Me? I'm waiting for my first McPalin trash robocall.