[email protected] LoogyPicker@gmail.com is offline

Default Man I loathe truck payments

On Oct 20, 2:15*pm, Vic Smith wrote:
On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 10:30:10 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

That's what I like about my '90 mercury wagon. It's a good car. paint
isn't the best but not bad. It cleans up nicely and I don't mind
taking it on a trip. The 302 engine isn't the best for pulling the
heavy boat, but it does the job. I've got less than $1100.00 in it not
counting the maintenance (tires and brakes) And I plan on driving it
for another couple years (minimum) or so. Which will make my 5 year
anniversary with it.

No. I'm not a slave to fashion.

Hehe. *The trick is knowing the reliable drivetrains.
I stick to GM 2.8 based, including the 3.1's. *The 2.2 four
is rock solid too. *Not up on the GM transmissions, but haven't
had problems anyway.
Have to do your homework.
Except for my 352, haven't messed with Fords, but if I did,
I read up on them, talk to mechanics and get the skinny.
All the manufacturers make solid cars and they all make problematic
cars. *Knowing which is which keeps you out of trouble.
Like you, I don't care much about looks. *
I've had some cars I thought were homely when I first got them.
As years passed with no problems, they got prettier and prettier.

--Vic

My Jeep Cherokee was like that. Rock solid. That thing ran decent with
well over 350k on it. Lifters seemed quiter every end of the month
when I didn't have to make a payment!