Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Man I loathe truck payments

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 10:30:10 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

That's what I like about my '90 mercury wagon. It's a good car. paint
isn't the best but not bad. It cleans up nicely and I don't mind
taking it on a trip. The 302 engine isn't the best for pulling the
heavy boat, but it does the job. I've got less than $1100.00 in it not
counting the maintenance (tires and brakes) And I plan on driving it
for another couple years (minimum) or so. Which will make my 5 year
anniversary with it.

No. I'm not a slave to fashion.

Hehe. The trick is knowing the reliable drivetrains.
I stick to GM 2.8 based, including the 3.1's. The 2.2 four
is rock solid too. Not up on the GM transmissions, but haven't
had problems anyway.
Have to do your homework.
Except for my 352, haven't messed with Fords, but if I did,
I read up on them, talk to mechanics and get the skinny.
All the manufacturers make solid cars and they all make problematic
cars. Knowing which is which keeps you out of trouble.
Like you, I don't care much about looks.
I've had some cars I thought were homely when I first got them.
As years passed with no problems, they got prettier and prettier.

--Vic