[email protected] threepontoon@live.com is offline

Default Man I loathe truck payments

On Oct 20, 2:01*pm, wrote:
On Oct 20, 1:40 pm, Tim wrote:

On Oct 20, 12:35 pm, wrote:

On Oct 20, 1:30 pm, Tim wrote:

On Oct 20, 12:13 pm, Vic Smith
wrote:

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 09:56:48 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

How do y'all justify debt on a vehicle to yourself?

Everybody's different. *You might guess I pay cash.
Had a $1100 note on a used '64 Olds way back,
because I didn't have the cash and had to get to work.
Paid that off way early.
Most I ever paid for a car was $6k.
Had 31k miles, and I junked it at 190k 11 years later when it rusted
out. *Well less than $1k in repairs, and it only failed to start once.
If you go used, talk to plenty of truck mechanics first.
They'll put you onto the right one.
Some people don't mind getting into debt for a car/truck.
I'm not one of them, and you don't seem to like it either.
Doing your own repairs helps.
Second best is having a good mechanic.
But picking the right vehicle is the key.

--Vic

That's what I like about my '90 mercury wagon. It's a good car. paint
isn't the best but not bad. It cleans up nicely and I don't mind
taking it on a trip. The 302 engine isn't the best for pulling the
heavy boat, but it does the job. I've got less than $1100.00 in it not
counting the maintenance (tires and brakes) And I plan on driving it
for another couple years (minimum) or so. Which will make my 5 year
anniversary with it.

No. I'm not a slave to fashion.

Is it possible to rent a large truck to tow my heavy sailboat? *I have
never seen such.- Hide quoted text -

You probably can. Check a local dealer and see if they have a heavy
used truck (dodge ram2500) or Ford power stroke, that they would rent
for a day or wekend. *some places will.Because it's not making them
any revenue just sitting there.

Unfortunately, for towing the sailboat, I'd need a one way rental, not
likely- Hide quoted text -

U-Haul will rent one-way, and they have trucks capable of towing.