JimH[_2_] JimH[_2_] is offline

Default More on Colin Powell's Endorsement of Obama

On Oct 20, 10:45*am, Boater wrote:
jamesgangnc wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message
On Oct 19, 10:13 am, Boater wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
"I think we need a transformational figure. I think we need a president
who is a generational change and that's why I'm supporting Barack
Obama,
not out of any lack of respect or admiration for Sen. John McCain."
As much as I admire him for his honesty, Powell has been mislead and
wrong
before. He's only human.
Eisboch
The American people were mislead by the Bush Campaign in 2000 and 2004..

And Sec. Powell was part of the 2000, and 2004 Bush campaign so that
also made him a misleader?

I think it was pretty obvious that Powell did not agree with the current
administration. *Even before 2004. *His leaving was no surprise to many. *He
stayed loyal to the party in spite of differences in opinion. *A lot of
retired generals are much more cautious about military actions that
civilians. *They know from experience that the cost is higher and the
results more ellusive than the surface facts suggest. *Clearly proven in
this current mess. *Frankly I hope Obama considers Powell for a return to
public service.

Powell's comments yesterday, both on Meet the Press and afterwards, were
absolutely devastating to the McCain campaign.

Doubtful. It only had an impact on those who need others to decide
for them who they should vote for and in that case most of that group
will be voting for Nobama anyway.