Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Delivery trip

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 07:22:31 -0400, "Roger Long"
wrote:

I fly out tomorrow (Monday Oct 21) for the nearly 1000 mile delivery trip in
the new research vessel.

Wheatly, Ontario Canada
Lake Erie
Welland Canal
Lake Ontario
Oswego Canal
Erie Canal
Hudson River
Delaware Bay
Delaware Canal
Annapolis, MD
Solomons, MD

I wouldn't normally sign on for such a long trip as passenger/crew but, when
you've designed the boat, it's a different experience.

http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/RVRCpixvid.htm

Have a good trip. Are you taking along your SPOT device ?

The Hudson River should be nice this time of year. Bring warm
clothing for Lake Erie and Lake Ontario - colder than coastal Maine
believe it or not. Upstate NY is usually cold and breezy also,
sometimes snows in late October.

You'll be passing through Fulton, my old home town on the Oswego
Canal. We used to stand on the bridge and watch the boats lock through
on the way home from school. There was still a lot of commercial
traffic in the 1950s.