[email protected] LoogyPicker@gmail.com is offline

Default Joe the plumber

On Oct 18, 12:14*pm, Boater wrote:
BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
WaIIy wrote:
On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 08:29:07 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

His boss is not a licensed plumber
So what?

Not one of the officers of Local 50 of the union shop of plumbers is on
the list of licensees.

Are they practicing plumbing at the moment?

It is my understanding that to be an officer of a trade union you
actually have to remain proficient in that trade.

Your understanding is wrong. Further, proficient if it is require does
not mean working at the trade. Typically in the building trades you have
to have worked at the trade and been a journeyman/journeywoman, and, of
course, your book has to be current to hold office. Some locals require
officers to be "active" members, and therefore theoretically available
for work. Others allow non-active, retired members to hold office. There
are no national rules for such.

My "book" is up to date and I pay monthly dues, but I am by choice
"inactive" in my local and therefore ineligible to run for office.- Hide quoted text -

"Further, proficient if it is require does not mean working at the
trade"
This sentence from the person who claims to have graduated from Yale
with a liberal arts degree!!!!! WAFA