BAR[_3_] BAR[_3_] is offline

Default Joe the plumber

Boater wrote:
BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
It appears that the vicious attacks on Joe the Plumber by the Dems
(particularly by Joe "The Senator" Biden) is beginning to backfire.

It matters not if he is licensed or not, owes back taxes or not or
is a single parent. People can understand that and the majority of
the public can relate much easier to Joe the Plumber than they can
to his critics and media propaganda.

Gee, the Dems may even lose some close swing states by annoying
too many people.

Obama should install a remotely controlled muzzle on Biden.

Eisboch

What evidence are you offering that shows what you claim?

Joe is not the guy's real first name.

Irrelevant.

He's not a licensed plumber.

According to the law the doesn't need to have a license. His employer
is supposed to have a license.

His boss is not a licensed plumber.

Then go after the boss and not the employee who did nothing wrong.

Therefore, the business is running illegally.

Then go after the business owner and not the employees.

Further, the business *grossed* about $100,000 a year and "Joe"
earned about $40,000 a year. He would have benefited from Obama's tax
play.

Joe the Plumber is thinking about 10 and 20 years out, not about
immediate satisfaction or gratification. The country could use a
couple of million Joe the Plumbers.

The truth shall set you free.

Please keep that in mind when talking about your own accomplishments.

The problem here is that the McCain campaign did not bother to
vet...the same problem it has with Ms. Palin.

The guy talked to Obama when Obama was walking down the street. It was
an Obama event. You and Hillary need to get a room so that you can
talk about the VRWC.

If you are going to tout someone 15 or so times as McCain did, you ought
to make sure of his bona fides.

You are missing the main point. Joe's dream is the main point and how
government can help Joe attain the dream by getting out of his way or
how government can prevent Joe from attaining the dream by taking his
profits from him and giving them to some homeless guy under the notion
that Joe has an obligation to pull lazy people up with him.

It is the responsibility of the individual to assure he is working
according to the laws. Ignorance of the law is not an excuse in this
instance. I'll bet both Sam and his boss knew the licensing requirements.

Do you have knowledge of any and all laws that pertain to consulting and
taxing? That's why as a part of business you hire lawyers.

I appreciate your lack of appreciation for those pieces of paper that
say you have accomplished something.

I have plenty of pieces of paper that say I have accomplished something.
The fact that I took a different route in life and succeeded far
beyond you really gets your goat.