BAR[_3_] BAR[_3_] is offline

Default Joe the plumber

Boater wrote:
WaIIy wrote:
On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 08:29:07 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

His boss is not a licensed plumber
So what?

Not one of the officers of Local 50 of the union shop of plumbers is on
the list of licensees.

Are they practicing plumbing at the moment?

It is my understanding that to be an officer of a trade union you
actually have to remain proficient in that trade. Which means you have
to actually turn a wrench for a certain number of hours a year. This is
to ensure that you stay in touch with they members you represent. At
least this is the way it is in the long shore mans union. A guy who was
a Director of Software Engineering at a company where I worked had to
actually go work the docks one day a month to keep his $75,000 a year
union officer job.