posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Seamanship Question# #41

On my boat, the only place that would be true would be in the head...
hmmm.... fumes alone could either smother anything or put out anything. LOL

"Bart" wrote in message
On Oct 15, 2:26 pm, Martin Baxter wrote:
Bart wrote:
What boat safety gear (not personal gear) should you
have below just inside the companionway? 1 pt

On mine, there is the VHF on the underside of the coach roof, fire
extinguisher, flare kit, and flashlight. Oh, and hand rails!

A further note to fire extinguisher thing, Canadian law requires that if
you have a motor and cooking equipment, you must have at least two, (10
BC IIRC).

Cheers
Martin

It is not a bad idea to have a fire extinguisher in any cabin that
has only when way out. I noticed this in England last month.

A Dufour 36 had four (4) fire extinguishers. One in each cabin,
and one near the galley stove. Three of these were in close
proximity to the engine. Overkill? Possibly. Smart. Certainly.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com