D.Duck D.Duck is offline

Default Why is Sarah Palin in...

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 08:25:24 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 10:14:29 GMT, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 08:44:21 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Part of the problem, IMO, is an assumption now-a-days that going to
school
and getting a degree automatically entitles one for a high paying,
successful career. For some, their sheepskin is their only significant
accomplishment and it should be the key to success.

Two words - grade inflation.

What used to be a C is now an A.

If you saw some of the papers I've seen - college/university honors
level we're talking here - it's crap.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

I certainly believe in getting an education and a degree, but let's be
honest. Except for some disiplines, an undergraduate degree is not
exactly difficult to earn. We've over-emphasized it's value at the
expense
of other, basic requirements for success like hard work, patience,
loyalty,
dedication, tenacity and a healthy portion of old fashioned common
sense.

And the average undergraduate degree is basically equal to what used
to be considered a solid high school background.

When you have check out people with community college undergraduate
degrees at Staples who can't add, that kind of proves the point
doesn't it?

The only place where degrees guarantee success is in the education
industry and that is the only requirement for success.

True as far as it goes.

I'm speaking of those folks who are failed by the education industry
by giving out acceptable grades for crap.

Our local community college can grant a degree without any type of
mathematics and very basic science (I call it Science for Dumbasses -
they call it Science for Non-Technical Majors). They have a hard time
granting CNA and LPN degrees and certificates because the students
can't handle basic biology and physiology.

The ratio between Associate degrees in social work compared to
technical degrees is something like 3 to 1.

It's freakin' depressing is what it is.

And now that I'm depressed, I'm off to the Torture Chamber for
"rehabilitation".

Physical Therapists my ass - murderers and torturers is more like it.
The CIA wants to get information - give 'em to Physical Therapists -
they'll talk in five minutes or less.

Freakin' happy face smiling sadists. "Oh - good morning Mrs. Francis
- isn't it such a nice day? Please, let's begin with a little
exercise - I'll help you with it - pain is good - just bounce on this
ball for a while - you can do it - come on, a little harder - no pain,
no gain..."

I'll give 'em pain when I can move - I'll show 'em what pain really
is.

Oh I will get my revenge - yes I will.

And it wont' be pretty either.

~~ muttter ~~

A freakin' Marine complaining about a little pain. You're out. 80

Good luck with the rehab. Been there done that, probably on a lesser scale.