Tom Francis - SWSports Tom Francis - SWSports is offline

Default Why is Sarah Palin in...

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 08:44:21 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Part of the problem, IMO, is an assumption now-a-days that going to school
and getting a degree automatically entitles one for a high paying,
successful career. For some, their sheepskin is their only significant
accomplishment and it should be the key to success.

Two words - grade inflation.

What used to be a C is now an A.

If you saw some of the papers I've seen - college/university honors
level we're talking here - it's crap.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

I certainly believe in getting an education and a degree, but let's be
honest. Except for some disiplines, an undergraduate degree is not
exactly difficult to earn. We've over-emphasized it's value at the expense
of other, basic requirements for success like hard work, patience, loyalty,
dedication, tenacity and a healthy portion of old fashioned common sense.

And the average undergraduate degree is basically equal to what used
to be considered a solid high school background.

When you have check out people with community college undergraduate
degrees at Staples who can't add, that kind of proves the point
doesn't it?