posted to rec.boats.building
Peggie Hall Peggie Hall is offline

Default Blakes toilet--oops

I meant to include a link to Blakes in my previous reply...here it is:
http://www.blakes-lavac-taylors.co.uk/index.htm

Peggie Hall wrote:
Daniele Fua wrote:
I have a beautiful classic Blakes toilet in very good working
condition but fair exterior appearance. It is all made of marine
grade bronze and originally mostly painted and partly chrome plated. I
am presently brushing all the paint off and wondering what to do next.

You have a real treasure! Blakes toilets are the best manual toilets in
the world, designed to last at least a century if at least marginally
well maintained. At today's rate of exchange, a new "Baby Blake" would
run about $2000 USD...the Blake "Victory" more than $3000. So my advice
is your choice #3:

clean well and leave the bronze as it is.

Also inspect the parts in the pump and replace what's needed. If you
don't have a manual for it, you can get one from Blakes. A "spares kit"
may cost you more than the price of most compact toilets, but definitely
worth it!

As for where to get parts if you need them, click on the "distributors"
link to find a distributor in your part of the world.

--
Peggie