William R. Watt

Default Boat plans.

Summer Breeze at www.simplicityboats.com is 11.5 ft simply made out of two
sheets of 1/4" plywood and weighs about 100 lb. You'll need two adults to
lift if on an off the roof of a vehicle. The height of the transom was
limited by the amount of materials allowed in the design contest this boat
won. I'd make the transom lower as it rides too high out of the water,
shortens the waterline length, and reduces speed a bit, but that's not a
major failing.

"wemfish" (wemfish AT tiscali.co.uk) writes:
Hi All,
I am planning to build a small sail boat to take on holiday and other family
trips when we also take our caravan so it has to be light enough to "car
top" a cross section as below..

l l
l l
\ /

a flat bottom ( for the roof bars) and about 10' to 12' max length would be
perfect. Does anyone have a link to a free plan close to my needs or have
one they can e-mail me so I can then adapt it to my needs.
watch out for the spam trap if e-mailing me direct!!

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm