Tom Francis - SWSports Tom Francis - SWSports is offline

Default Why is Sarah Palin in...

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 07:34:40 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

I remember as a youth listening to my dad preaching, "You don't get
something for nothing", a variation of "TANSTAAFL".

Exactly. We grew up with parents who survived the Depression remember
- those of us who listened and learned are in good shape.

It's difficult - I know it is, but things aren't as bad as they could
be. People are still working - there is still demand for plumbers,
carpenters, electricians, engineers, technicians, programmers. Those
who have the skills will be fine.

It's the people on the fringe who won't make it. Some feel that's not
fair. I don't. Somebody has to lose in order for somebody else to
win. Redistributing wealth doesn't solve anything because it only
fosters a belief that somebody will solve my problem for me and they
will continue to fail.

Before my latest escapade with the Emergency Room, I finally sold the
last house we had on the market to a fellow from Ecuador. He came to
the US in 1987 legally, brought his family with him and started
working for a lawn care business. He literally had nothing to start
with. His wife worked as a waitress, his daughter worked and went to
school and became a CNA, then a LPN, then an RN and is now working on
her PA credentials. His oldest son worked with him. He now has his
own business with several corporate accounts that includes lawn care
and janitorial services. His wife now owns the resturant she worked
in as a waitress. They saved money, lived frugally and now own a
house which they paid for in cash. They all worked hard, long hours
and are now living the American dream. Took twenty one years - a good
long outlook on life and living - work hard, make your own breaks,
make your own luck and you win.

The difference between them and those on the fringe is the willingness
to work for and towards a goal. Patience was a big part of their
success. They didn't expect a hand out everytime things went south -
they just continued to work hard and "git 'er done". They are winners
- they will survive.

I hate to sound Darwinian, but that's the simple truth - those who are
willing to do, get.

And while I'm still conscious, Iwould like to point out that gas in
Putnam yesterday when I came home was $2.84. This is October.

I called it again. :)

Here's another prediction for you - the Senate will stay as it is, the
House will gain a few Democrat seats and who ever wins the Presidency
will be a one-term holder of that office.

And who will win the Presidency?

McCain - 52/48 over Obama.