posted to alt.sailing.asa
Charles Momsen Charles Momsen is offline

Default Seamanship Question# #40

wrote in message
On 15 Oct, 20:05, "Charles Momsen" wrote:
"Bart" wrote in message

What safety gear would you have near a propane
stove in the galley?

1 pt

1. Master shut off valve for propane.
2. Fire hood.
3. Cover for stove.
4. CO detector.
5. Vent fan.
6. Fire extinguisher located near exit.
7. Heavy duty oven mitts or M-60 barrel changing mitts.
8. Halon or purple K in a can/small bucket/bottle.
9. Propane leak detector.

Good Grief!

Are you sucking up to Bart or what?

No, he has me killfiled so he never would see it.

If I was worried about the safety of my stove,
then I would send Bart down to do the cooking.
He's a big guy, and he would be able to absorb
a fairly large explosion.

I think that I deserve 2 points for this
answer.

Regards

Donal