Matt Langenfeld

Default Geodesic Airolite Boat with a twist

Kevlar floats on top of resin. So it has to be vacuum bagged. One issue
I could see is if you were trying wrap the strip completely in kevlar.
Not sure how well it would bend around a 90 degree edge. And that's 90
degrees F or C. (a little early morning humor... ;p )

--
Matt Langenfeld
JEM Watercraft

Brian D wrote:
I'd recommend buying some Kevlar and trying your idea out, with the wood
versions next to it. Kevlar is tough enough to lay on a smooth flat
surface. You may find that it's more hassle than it's worth unless you
vacuum bag it. Try it first. Prove me wrong. Test the results
mechanically ...clamp the samples to a table (your composite and the wood)
and hang weights off the end to find out how much each deflects versus the
other and where the breaking point occurs and how it breaks. Most of all,
have fun.

Brian