JohnH[_3_] JohnH[_3_] is offline

Default Another budding motorcyclist

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 15:50:33 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

On Oct 14, 5:20*pm, (UglyDan®©™) wrote:
Nice bike,
*I just got back into riding last spring, with the gas prices going thru
the roof I had to.
Mines a '93 BMW airhead R/100/GS Dualsport, Its good for taking up
logging roads, and on the highway, but not true offroading. *I've put
5000 miles on it since I bought it last April. *UD * *
*http://s391.photobucket.com/albums/o...ction=view&cur...

In a way those big beemer off-roaders remind me of this:

http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8060

I rememebr when Larry Burquist pulled this off, but the sportster was
plagued with problems.

I ahd heard that tee team was so disgusted with the bike that they
took a backhoe and dug a pit in the desert and buried it. Then some
time later somebody found the burial site, dug it up and restored it.

Besides engine trouble it was a suspension nightmare not counting all
that weight thrashing around in the desert.

But where it actually shined was doing well over 100.mph in the
straight passages.

Still it couldn't take it.

They should have used a BMW.

?;^)

Cool story. Thanks.
--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Narcissistic Hypocrite]