Jim Jim is offline

Default See?

Eisboch wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
Bush speaks at 8 am.

Stock market is tanking.

Barry will take credit for the blip up yesterday and poor George takes the
heat for the backslide. I guess that's fair. :-)

I just listened to someone explaining Obama's tax plan in English (so I
sorta understood it).

According to the source, slightly over 40% of taxpayers will pay *no* taxes,
yet a large percentage of that group will get a refund check every January.

Cool, huh?

Another thing I can't get straightened out in my simple head. Obama claims
that 95% of US citizens will have their taxes reduced according to his plan.
Yet, over 40% don't pay taxes at all. How do you get 95% out of 60%?

Is this the *new* math that I missed?

Eisboch

Pretty simple
40% pay no taxes
that leaves 60%
95% of 60% is 57%
57% will have their taxes reduced.
95% of the remainder will have their taxes cut.
That leaves 3%.
I'm guessing that that 3% level is Around $200,000 annual income. I
think I've heard Barry suggest a number somewhere around that figure.
I don't blame Barry for what comes out of his mouth. It's his speech
writers that do all the cyphering. And we know all about speech writers,
don't we. ;-)