[email protected] ohara5.0@mindspring.com is offline

Default Q-beams

On Oct 14, 6:42 am, wrote:
On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 21:46:20 -0700, ohara5.0 wrote:
I can never convince my wife that when walking at night that using a
light causes you to see less than going without it.

Yeah, but depending on where you are walking, it causes you to be seen.
There are a couple of pre-dawn joggers around here, I consider suicidal.

If you are afraid of being attacked by something/somebody in the dark
or are trying to find somebody who is hiding in the dark, a flashlight
wont help until you know they are there, it just kills your night
vision. I find that when going for my late night walks that not
having a light is better. The situation is similar on a boat. I hate
it whenever people suddenly turn on a flashlihgt to try to see
something.