gjoyce

Default cat daggerboard building

A theoretical question, so I don't want to bother anyone for explicit
details but....

I have a Hobie 18 ... the daggerboards are a mess ... for the life of
me I can't think how
you would go about building new ones.

I thought about using foam core. Would I shape that (like a surfboard)
and glass 'em?

If I used all glass how would I make a mold? Take it off the exisitng
one? Or is there another way? (I keep thinking a plaster mold or some
such because of how thin - relatively - they are. But then I'd have to
mate halves, and that's not a good idea, right)?

Is there some way to vacuum bag them? Never did that, but ... I still
can't envision how I get the shape and form ...

any thoughts, general direction, or KISS alternatives , et al, would
be IMMENSELY appreciated ...

Gary Joyce