Tim Tim is offline

Default Q-beams

On Oct 13, 11:46*pm, wrote:
On Oct 13, 10:51 pm, Tim wrote:

On Oct 13, 8:47 pm, wrote:

I have had three different q-beam lights for boating and have not
liked any of them. *They are so bright that any reflections off
stanchions or rigging kills my night vision so I end up seeing less
than before. *It is even worse if somebody else is using the light
because they are not aware of this issue. *Do others have this
problem? *My best light for seeing markers is a regular 6 volt
flashlight.

I think these are a bit pricey and there are less expensive options,
but have you considered something like these?

http://www.shopping.com/xDN-marine_e...ne_searchlight

Of course, your hand held flashlight isn't bad...

I can never convince my wife that when walking at night that using a
light causes you to see less than going without it.

hmmm, I would think that would be determined by the outside lighting
conditions.

I was just outside and we've got a full moon with a light bit of cloud
cover.

Looked pretty good to me. Now if it was pitch black? I'd think that
flashlight would come in pretty handy.