William R. Watt

Default Sit On Top Plans now available

Jacques ) writes:

The advice and information given here by professionals is free, it is
only normal that they state who they are and what they sell.
It is not a sin to be a boating professional!

the advice was not unbiased, quite the opposite. that Kern guy criticized
anyone who used anything but epopxy, which he just happened to sell.

I suspect a lot of people with something to sell now spend time on their
own websites and don't participate in newsgroup discussions. With a
website a person gets to display products in full colour all the time and
can avoid any hint of disagreement. I prefer to spend my time in
newsgroups where anyone can disagree with me and propose better
alternatives, and because I don't have income from sales to put into a
fancy website and write it off as a business expense.

You are right about the Usenet. It was created by universities to promote
learning through open discussion. Still does for those who really want to
learn and not just impose their views and products on people.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm