William R. Watt

Default advice for first time owner

"JSE" ) writes:
Patricia,
It really deepends on just where the delamination starts and ends. If it's
in an open area, wood glue and clamps an do winders before you seal it.

I agree. Piece of cake. Maybe $5 for a small quantity of epoxy glue. If
you don't have clamps but have access to an electic drill just use through
bolts or sometimes screws will hold until the glut cures. Make a sandwich
out of scrap wood, plastic bags to keep the scrap wood from sticking to
the delaminated boat, and pull together until the glue dries. You can mix
the glue with, say 25% filler (talcum powder should be handy). I actually
use a tube of polyurethane glue in a calking gun and shoot it into the
delaminated plywood though holes I drill part way into the plywood. Leave
it to cure for a day, take apart the sandwich, sand, and and paint or
varnish. Let the paint of varnish cure three days before putting the
boat in the water. It will be better than the original plywood.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm