posted to alt.sailing.asa
Frank Boettcher Frank Boettcher is offline

Default Starting Over

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 13:54:31 -0500, "jlrogers±³©"
wrote:

My recent employer, as a going away gift (bribe?), gave me a gift
certificate for some sailing time at South Coast Sailing Adventures out of
Kemah, TX. I have decided to apply it to sailing lessons, beginning with
ASA 101 through basic coastal cruising, and bareboat charting. I figure
this will give me an opportunity to find out if I am still capable of
sailing and enjoying it as much as 25 years ago. Also, I will be staying
aboard rather than spending the nights at a motel during class periods.
($50.00 a night).

First up is a two day session beginning next Thursday. Hopefully I will
meet some folks in the area who need (or at least will settle for) some
inexperienced crew help.

Any suggestions or helpful advice will be greatly appreciated.

Congratulations on your new direction.

If you want to gain experience sailing different boats, show up on
race day at any of the club regattas. I've never been to a race day
when there weren't skippers walking the docks looking for crew to
replace no shows. Tell the race director your available, they often
keep a list.

Have fun.

And congratulations on starting an on topic thread, however, as you
can see, the usual suspects can turn that on a dime.

Frank

jlrogers±³©
"Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little security shall
soon have neither." Benjamin Franklin