Gould 0738

Default The problem with these off-topic, political threads...

Yes, I admitted I come here for the politics. I never said, however, that I
come here
to cause trouble and I challenge you to find where I said that....because I
did not.

To paraphrase Carly Simon: You're so vain, you probably think each post is
about you........

Challenge back to you. Where did I say that "Jim stated he is only here to
cause trouble"? Without that, your concern is completely ridiculous. I don't
recall mentioning you by name at all. What makes you think I was even referring
to you? Why would I?

You know Chuck you act like you are a saint in this whole mess. And that is
the
furthest thing from the truth. Granted, you post one or two boating related
items, but
the far majority of your posts are political. You and Harry have been
involved in the
mudslinging and OT political posts long before most of us have been
here.

I don't sling much mud, and whatever direction the NG takes is up to the
majority of participants. It isn't determined by one or two people. Personally,
if you want to talk boats, I can participate in most discussions (except I
don't know much about outboards, sailing, carbs, and a few other subjects). If
you want to talk politics, I can do that too.

For every Yin there's a Yang. Blaming the political threads solely on the left
or the right is ridiculous. Follow one through- typically goes
l,r,l,r,l,r,l,r,l,r, etc. Only difference most of the time is who goes first,
and over the long run that tends to be about 50/50.