Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default See her go!

On 2008-10-10 06:18:49 -0400, "Roger Long" said:

"Jere Lull" wrote

I'm SO glad I don't have to pay those fuel bills.

I see by the address in your signature file that you will be. Don't worry
though. It's not as bad as it looks. Full speed operation is limited to
10% of operation by engine rating and the boat will spend most of it's
cruising time burning about half of that. Most of it's overall time will be
spent on scientific station burning just 5 - 10 GPH.

BTW, it's also one of the smallest vessels in the world to have dynamic
positioning.

Roger, I SO love twisting your tail as you are so justifiably proud of
your babies. That is a sweet ride that I will pay attention to whenever
she's near us.

At maximum burn, we barely break 1 GPH. Our normal burn is closer to a
liter per hour. I can guarantee that the that Clair's one-hour max burn
exceeds our past 5 or so years total burn.

If I could afford the cost, I would love to have as seaworthy a ride, though.

--
Jere Lull