dazed and confuzed

Default removing gasoline and fumes from bilge

habbi wrote:

We ended up steaming the bilge through several holes I drilled in the deck
and then had a "sniffer" check to make sure it was safe. We then cut out a
5' X 5' section of the deck and pressurized the tank to 3 psi and no bubbles
anywhere then up to 6 psi and bubbles started forming at the sending unit
only. Oh did I feel like an idiot, the tank and all connections were
perfectly air tight. I still can't understand how 2 gallon of gasoline came
out through the tiny leak at the sending unit. But then again every night we
topped of the tank and the head pressure from the fuel in the fill pipe must
have been enough that over 1 full year 2 gallons came out. We welded the
deck back down and I wasted $500.00. I guess it wasn't a complete waste
since we got all gasoline and vapour out of the bilge. Thanks to all.

You were careful. That is not being an idiot

and you are only an idiot if you fail to learn from your mistakes.

--
A significant part of courage is realizing that only you need to know
how terrified you are..