Roger Long Roger Long is offline

Default More shameless self promotion

wrote

Wow, I just got rid of a bunch of 'Titanic' books (reluctantly), now I
have to go get another? Can't you just give a bit of a preview... is
it the rivets?

If you are interested enough in the Titanic to have had all those books, you
should enjoy this one. It is the background story of the expedition and
research that led to the History Channel shows mixed with historical
accounts that fill in a lot of the history of how the ship came to be built
with insight into the personalities involved and the market conditions that
influenced her design. It's written in a somewhat historical novel style
that makes it a very easy read. I was right there for most of the
contemporary events discussed and I was just as enthralled as if I'd known
nothing about the subject.

Who here couldn't pass up the chance to read about my childhood?

No, it wasn't the rivits.

--
Roger Long