posted to rec.boats.paddle
Galen Hekhuis Galen Hekhuis is offline

Default is this dead or what?

On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 07:43:02 -0700 (PDT), riverman
wrote:

On Oct 7, 10:02*am, wrote:
On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 20:33:31 -0500, Dan Valleskey

wrote:
I miss my RBP. *Okay, maybe I don't miss it all that much. *Are there any
old timers still lurking about?

-Dan V. in Indy

*Ten years and still reading. * But you're right, it's pretty dead.
Didn't I see a post from Myron not long ago? * I suspect there are a
few others who still hope against hope for a live group again.
* Tom in MD

Yeah, I posted something as a test balloon, and got no replies.

I miss the old rbp also, and I don't find Boatertalk to be a good
substitute. Too many folks there...too many 'experts' with a narrow
range of experience, and the posting style (content in the header)
seems too much like a group SMS-fest.

I still have some great stuff to share, if rbp wasn't so dead. Summer
of 2006 I ran the first descent of the Delger-Muron river in Outer
Mongolia...I owe Canoe&Kayak magazine an article on it, but I never
got around to writing it...

--riverman

Last time I was very active I had just sent you a boat. I hope it
didn't sink or anything when you put it together, or, if it did you
were shallow water at least. Is that thing still floating or has it
gone to that great boatyard in the sky?