D Wrate

Default Transom screw holes in fibreglass for transducer

Are the holes deep enough to go into the plywood? If so I would drill the
holes larger and do the epoxy bit. I am not sure the 4200 is necessary if
the area is totally sealed in epoxy by virtue of the larger screw hole.

David
"Jim Thompson" wrote in message
Here's yet another question about properly seating screws in laminate
fibreglass.

Transom: fibreglass over wood. I have three 1/8" holes for the
transducer mount screws. Should I widen those holes, fill them with
West 105/205, let it harden, and then redrill the 1/8' holes to put
the screws into solid fibreglass with 4200?

If so, then what filler should I harden the epxoy with -- silica?

Thanks,

Jim